No. of Recommendations: 0
All:

I am currently a member of the Armed Forces and am seeking some advice in the real estate investment realm.

I am 27 yrs old, married with no children, and more than likely plan on finishing my career in the service. This means that I will be moving around about every 4-5 years or so.

I want to purchase an investment property at some point, with multiple units, so that I can live in unit and rent out the other 1 or 2. This would allow me to free up some of my income towards other investments or towards the actual principal of the loan to pay it off faster.

Anyway, does this make sense considering I will be rellocating often? And if so wouldn't a property manager eat up whatever profits I may see from the unit?

I definetley do not want to wait too long before buying a home, but do not want to get stuck with a potential problem in another state. Please help!!
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement