UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rustedSoul Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753411  
Subject: Re: Choices Date: 2/12/2000 12:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6

To me, it's all about Choices. Choices on how to spend your money. Choices on how to spend your free time.
Choices on how much to work. Choices on when to retire.

I would take this thinking one step further and ask a simple question: why don't you have these choices now?
Did you ever sit down and think about why you have more choices when you are retired than when you are working?

It's simple. When you are a Wage Slave, you don't have control over your money because the government has control. They in effect tell you how much money you can keep from your pay. And if you don't manage your finances well, banks and mortgage companies also get on the bandwagon. Is it any wonder how people become Wage Slaves, in effect also giving employers control over their lives? Employers understand this situation as well.

It doesn't have to be this way, but it is this way because most people don't care or don't even realize how much they are paying in taxes. Or in fact how little control they have over how much tax they pay.

The day I decided that I wanted to retire early was the day I declared that I was going to win the war with the government over who owns my money, how much of it I can keep, and how I want to spend it. The government tries to tell me that I must pay more tax because I am "wealthy", when in fact, truely wealthy people aren't Wage Slaves and pay less in tax because they control when they realize income. So, in effect, the government is trying to prevent people like me from living my dreams and becoming financially independent.

Fortunately for us, the retire early types are not the majority. Most people don't have these goals, don't want to make the sacrifices, and do not share these aspirations. That's a good thing, otherwise the government would surely find a way to take more of our money as they do from the Wage Slaves.

rustedSoul
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement