Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
To see how serious the competitive threat was, e.g., is there some long term overhang that would significantly cut into current growth rates, I pulled some research from Gartner.

What I found was ...

- F5 is their top-rated vendor in Application Acceleration (1H05)
- F5 is close to their top-rated vendor in Application Firewalls (May 05)
- F5 is their top-rated vendor in merging the two categories
- Continues to both execute on the sales front and be a visionary on where the space is going

It explicitly recommends that large enterprises do NOT buy solutions from Cisco, et. al., who in their words "because of their size can never be counted out but do not deliver [competitive] products" at this time.

This is certainly reassuring, because I do not think Gartner is a sole source of buying criteria, but if you are an enterprise buyer, its comforting to pick a company that Gartner gives its highest "vision" (product strength) and "execution" (company strength) marks to (e.g., no one is going to fire me for picking the wrong product).

Anyway, good stuff I thought to use in evaluating buying on the current significant dip.

- Alan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement