Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 232  
Subject: Re: posters Date: 6/8/2003 2:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To tell a dying person that it is their fault that they are dying is unconscionable.

I never posted that. You and obviously several other posters took my words to the next step, something I never wrote. Cori (nggCatgoyle) in post number 3449 wrote this (in part):

It's quite likely the reason Annie has lung/brain cancer to begin with, and being around cigarette smoke right now further challenges her already weakened immune system. And, if you really want for the Kaiser/UCSF docs to consider Annie as a candidate for the gamma knife surgery, you'd best not go into appointments with them smelling of cigarette smoke. Getting smoke-free makes a strong statement about what you're all willing to do to help Annie get well.

And I responded with:
Quite likely? Yes, I'd say it is definitely the reason. Why is it so hard for smokers to realize that the reason they got cancer was because they smoked?

So you see, I never said that it is Annie's fault she is dying. I said that I believe it's definitely the reason why she got cancer. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but many people who get cancer survive, even smokers, of course they all stop smoking when they hear the news and decide they want to do everything they can to live.

By Annie's actions it does not appear to me that she is willing to do everything she can to survive. She is doing what is convenient or easy. To some people, life is not worth living if they can't smoke. That's their right and I will not deny them that, but then don't be hypocritical. Don't ask other people to help you save your life if you're not willing to help yourself.

Then please don't lie to yourself about what you did on AFA. It was just plain mean.

I don't lie to myself because I don't have to. You and several others may have read my words to be mean and I can't do anything about that, so I'm not wasting my time thinking about it. What I did was tell the truth and sometimes the truth hurts, but lying actually hurts much more. Their lying is causing her death and in the future more people's deaths...perhaps Kenny's, perhaps her mother's, perhaps a stranger who just had the bad luck of being around them when they smoked.

This is a board that I requested. It is a board of gratitude. If you have anything you are thankful for and you wish to share it, please do. If instead you feel you can use this board to post your opinions and misunderstanding about a post I made on another board I suggest you read that thread again and think about it long and hard before you post about it again.

Thank you,
e
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement