UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1966611  
Subject: To the defenders of Ann Romney Date: 4/12/2012 7:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 95
I like Ann Romney. She is personable and comes by her moniker as "Mitt's best weapon" honestly. She's terrific in front of people. A natural. She's battled breast cancer and has MS. I don't envy her wealth at all, because I have never had breast cancer or MS and both are devastating. I would rather be me than be in her shoes. BUT I did have to work all my life while raising my children. I was the major bread winner my entire married life. But I was still the primary care giver for my children. That's just the way it was. I even did most of the yard work. And I was a secretary most of those years, not the wife of a millionaire. So I understand Hilary Rosen's comments. Ann Romney could not possibly understand my struggle just as I could not possibly understand her struggles. But at least she has had unlimited resources to help her. Millions of women have very little in resources, either financially or human-wise.

To the defenders of Ann Romney: I hope you have defended Michele Obama when she has been attacked, which would be almost relentlessly for 4 years. Did you? Is your outrage at a badly worded, poor statement by Hilary Rosen as comparable to this:
(This is a tip of the iceberg in vicious attacks against Michele.)
http://mediamatters.org/research/201109300013
Latest Attack On Michelle Obama: She Went To Target
September 30, 2011 1:15 pm ET — 175 Comments
Right-wing media have attacked Michelle Obama for going shopping at Target, claiming she went " 'incognito,' Lady Gaga-style" and asking, "Who does she think she's fooling?" Right-wing media have previously attacked the first lady for everything from promoting health initiaitves to wearing a red dress at a state dinner.

Right-Wing Media Figures Have Consistently Attacked Michelle Obama
Right-Wing Lip Readers' Michelle Obama Derangement Syndrome. Following a ceremony on the 10th anniversary of 9-11, various right-wing blogs and The Washington Times claimed that Michelle Obama likely disparaged the American flag during a memorial ceremony. [Media Matters, 9/14/11]

Washington Examiner Blamed Obama's "Let's Move!" Campaign For Pedestrian Deaths. A January Washington Examiner story claimed that the first lady's "Let's Move!" campaign could be linked to an increase in pedestrian deaths. The Washington Examiner article was later promoted by numerous right-wing media outlets. [Media Matters, 1/20/11]
See this post for more proof:
http://boards.fool.com/attacking-michelle-obama-29973439.asp...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement