UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4290  
Subject: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/8/2012 2:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
As a past Feste awardee may I congratulate all in this recent round. Your peers have said you have contributed through your competence and ability; they have recognized your value to the community. But it is more than this: your posts have given confidence.

Knowledge is one thing and to be admired yet experience more and you can tell the front runners by the number of arrows in their chests. Wisdom comes from experience and experience comes from not always making a touchdown. Not one of those in the race for The Feste Award since its inception has been perfect. Not one. Yet all have known one thing: one doesn’t fail falling off the bicycle but one always does by failing to get back on. You know this and you gave your fellow posters the courage to get back on.

For that, my congratulations.

MichaelR
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CarlHungus Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4201 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/8/2012 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Unfortunately some of the nominees won't see your congratulatory post, as they don't really do any posting on the boards.

Author: hockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4202 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/8/2012 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 2
Your peers have said you have contributed through your competence and ability; they have recognized your value to the community. But it is more than this: your posts have given confidence.

Yet all have known one thing: one doesn’t fail falling off the bicycle but one always does by failing to get back on. You know this and you gave your fellow posters the courage to get back on.

Thank you MichaelR. I do some teaching and talking and I'll use your words since they've very appropriate in many contexts. GREAT sentiment from a worthy past winner. I think this was a really great group of nominees, but that's what usually happens.

Hockeypop

Author: LeKitKat Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4203 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/8/2012 8:56 PM
Recommendations: 2
eloquently expressed
Thank you

>^..^<

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4204 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/8/2012 10:02 PM
Recommendations: 5
eloquently expressed
Thank you

>^..^<

Sincerely given. You done Real Good.

I do note, however, you have both the Nominee and Feste Winner symbols. As the Susan Lucci nominee (got the Feste after six nominations), I demand a full chevron of them all. While one would be appreciated, the full cadre of each of the nominations would go a long way to assuaging the years of bitter tears flooding my pillow.

MichaelR

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4205 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/9/2012 1:25 PM
Recommendations: 4
While one would be appreciated, the full cadre of each of the nominations would go a long way to assuaging the years of bitter tears flooding my pillow.

And then what would we use to formulate the magic elixir of broken dreams and promises to fuel the ITF board? We know the supply isn't inexhaustible, but we do want to squeeze out the last precious drops. If we pumped you up with charms, we'd need to resort to such devices as random, spurious noise pops introduced to your theater sound systems keyed to sections of important dialog, perhaps mimicking a foul wind during appropriate moments in The King's Speech and other significant vehicles.

Richard

(Not having enough chicken bones and frog flatulence to intrigue a dev with sufficient powers to disappear the now redundant Feste nominee charm for the latest and greatest winner, it will probably remain for a while.)

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4206 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/9/2012 11:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
You’re right, Richard, so I withdraw my request. The nominee icon says ‘missed it by that much’ and, while a single icon says a poster is also recognized for competence and ability, having six of them shows missing it gulf wide. To be nominated and to be second to sheer aptitude is one thing but to miss the prize by half a dozen shows, well, a crop of six voted better year after year after year after year after year after year.

That is a lot of years.

MichaelR

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4207 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/11/2012 2:00 AM
Recommendations: 0
That is a lot of years.

MichaelR

You've had a great sense of humor throughout, Michael, and enjoyed the company of a great wife. Plank a Salmon on the grill, uncork a bottle of your favorite, play this song for your Elly, kick back, relax and enjoy a great evening. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxuP4g0NvYs&feature=relat...

We kin raise some Hell when I git der!! LOL

Have a great year!!

Bob

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4208 of 4290
Subject: Re: To the winner and nominees Date: 4/11/2012 8:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
I caught the link included in the below post on TMF's Car board. For some reason, it made me think you, Michael: http://boards.fool.com/porcelain-carburator-29970423.aspx

I can't know why.

Bob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement