Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WizardPhool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62  
Subject: Re: Trading Notes/Journal Date: 12/4/2004 12:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To this point, I have not put any of my technical analysis knowledge (as limited as it is at this point) to the test with a real money trade. There have been a few paper trades that I have made and I understand it is a different beast when there is money on the line.

But that leads me to the concept of trading notes and/or journals. Do you record notes with each potential purchase? Or only the ones that you actually purchased? What types of things do you record? Have you found value in going back to do some analysis of your trades and understand why it was a good/bad trade?

My plan right now is to sit back a little while longer and try to prepare myself to put my knowledge to the test beginning in the new year.

-----------

Hi DT and Paul,

I started this board as a sort of interactive trading journal where I could post what I was looking at and why/when/what cost I bought at. After the ABIX debacle, I took at step back and tried to reanalyze what I was doing and read a little more. I did buy some TOPT in my IRA, and ran it up 4.5 points, and took my profit yesterday (only to see today's 11% rebound). I did make a nice 25% on it though in just over two weeks.

I am going to a three hour seminar tomorrow though. It is being given by David Elliot (www.wallstreetteachers.com) and it should be interesting. After I digest what I learn tomorrow, I am hope to be in a good position to make some trades this week. I will post what I learn and what I do next week, as well as start keeping a written journal with my IBD clippings that I want to start cutting out.

The Wizard
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement