Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: csw3c Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120809  
Subject: TO transfer or NOT to transfer Date: 4/1/1998 10:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in my early twenties and have about 3 thousand dollars (Total) sitting in two separate mutual funds. I wanted to tranfer this money (I guess I would have to sell shares) into a Roth IRA and invest the left over in stocks therefore abolishing my participation in mutual funds. Is this Foolish in light of the fact that I will have to pay taxes on the funds I sell? Also, do you think it is better to have the Foolish Four or Index fund as the backbone of my Roth IRA.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3244 of 120809
Subject: Re: TO transfer or NOT to transfer Date: 4/4/1998 1:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[I am in my early twenties and have about 3 thousand dollars (Total) sitting in two separate mutual
funds. I wanted to tranfer this money (I guess I would have to sell shares) into a Roth IRA and
invest the left over in stocks therefore abolishing my participation in mutual funds.]]

Fine...

[[ Is this Foolish in
light of the fact that I will have to pay taxes on the funds I sell?]]

But only you know how much in taxes you'll have to pay. And only you know the return that is being provided by your mutual funds. So you have some research yet to do.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement