Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
To write a prescription now, I go through a couple menus and enter the prescription information into our EMR. The EMR automatically performs its version of checking for drug interactions, and requires electronic acknowledgement of any interactions before the prescription can be entered.

Most prescriptions are then electronically transmitted to the pharmacy. The EMR requires a hard copy for ANY controlled substances, and those are printed for an ink signature.

While the government's implementation of the EMR requirement has been a bit heavy-handed, the overall results are good. The "unreadable handwriting" problem is pretty much in the past, which is good, as my writing hasn't improved with age.

My handwriting is pretty good but I still applauded the "incentives" to do this....even though it would've been a bit budensome for me.

This site isn't so much designed for patients to check for possible drug interactions, though, as to provide for a supposedly more efficient/timely/effective system of raising an early red flag on side effects.......seeing as the pharmaceutical industry is apparently making a concerted effort to "off" us all in cahoots with shills from *Official Medicine*.

That cute boy Ben Goldacre has a new book due out in the US in Feb. http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Pharma-Companies-Mislead-Patients/.... I'm get my copy a little earlier for Christmas from my SIL in England (along with my "I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that..." tee shirt)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement