UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736874  
Subject: Todays flegbait Date: 7/7/2013 10:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I had finally finished all the tractor work at barn 2.0 so as long as I had the mower on the tractor, I decided to move it back to barn 1.0 to give it a much needed mowing. I hadn't mowed all year waiting for the wildflowers to drop seeds which I recently noticed that that had. But man it was hot hot hot. Sweat was running off me as I attached the trailer to the BOT and loaded the tractor. But the payoff would be air conditoned 45 minute drive from barn 2.0 to barn 1.0.

With the added weight of the tractor, I notice one of the trailer tires is low on air. So more delay as I get out the compressor and put air in all four trailer tires. And as long as the tractor is right there I top off the tractor tires too. All tbhis took another thirty minutes with the sun baking down, but I am finally on my way.

I get back to barn 1.0, unload ther tractor and go right to work mowing. After about three hours a sudden thunderstorm drove me inside and I quickly decided I had had enough for today.

I weight myself every morning as I struggle to keep my weight in check, so after my shower I weigh myself again. I was down 7 pounds from this morning. That is almost a gallons worth of perspiration. No wonder my t-shirt was soaked. I have since consumed about a half a gallon of delicious milk, over ice of course, and a half a slab of ribs I had smoked on the Fourth. Burp. So now I am feeling more like my big hairy self again. That is all.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688214 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/8/2013 6:25 AM
Recommendations: 1
So now I am feeling more like my big hairy self again. That is all

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688285 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/8/2013 7:47 PM
Recommendations: 0
bighairy...I know you're probably 150 sopping wet :)

Is that Lactaid milk? :)

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688303 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/8/2013 10:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
bighairy...I know you're probably 150 sopping wet :)

Is that Lactaid milk? :) - LD

---------------

150 hehe. It must have been grade school the last time I saw 150. I was 225 when I graduated HS. And I take my milk straight, none of that candy ass lactaid for me.

Todays update: I was ready to resume mowing about 9 this morning and that was about when it started raining. So I decided to take car of some errands to maintain some sort of productivity today. The Harley truck was due for an oil change so I started with that. I tell them to change the air filter too since it was long overdue too. In fact this was the first change since the truck was new. When I got the bill, that air filter was $109. Wowza.

The rain had more or less stopped by the time I got back to barn 1.0, so I decided to resume mowing. I mowed about another three hours before running out of diesel. And my diesel can is over at barn 2.0. Rats, so I'm done mowing for today. That is good news for the moles that were scurrying about as I moved down their habitat. One slow one didn't make it.

With moving cut short, I still have time left to be productive to decide to head to Sams Club to get a shopping trip out of the way. While at Sams, I take a new step in my quest for the quintessential snooty coffee experience <damn you fleg*>. I buy the whole bean expresso roast and grind it right there in the store using their industrial grinder. I wonder how often they clean that thing <g>.

* speaking of fleg, I lob a nice softball post about sweating in the oppresive Texas heat and I get nothing. No prose about dust storms, no pictures of sun bleached bones, no tumbleweeds, nada. Where's the love?

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688304 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/8/2013 10:34 PM
speaking of fleg, I lob a nice softball post about sweating in the oppresive Texas heat and I get nothing. No prose about dust storms, no pictures of sun bleached bones, no tumbleweeds, nada. Where's the love?

You really think I'm going to stoop to your level?

--fleg

P.S. Congratulations on the coffee.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688324 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 9:37 AM
COngrats on the Mowing 30K :)

Concerning fleg's hometown...I ordered something from Portland on the 21st of June, do you know I received the shipment yesterday....there on a marijuana time schedule over there.

On the other hand, I ordered something from California and got it in 3 days! Not bad at all. Forget the town, must have been Orange County. :)

LuckyDog

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688353 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 12:37 PM
Concerning fleg's hometown...I ordered something from Portland on the 21st of June, do you know I received the shipment yesterday....there on a marijuana time schedule over there.

On the other hand, I ordered something from California and got it in 3 days! Not bad at all. Forget the town, must have been Orange County. :)

We received two packages yesterday.

The one from Grants Pass, OR was ordered probably last Tuesday.

The one from Van Nuys, CA was ordered sometime in April.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688364 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 1:40 PM

We received two packages yesterday.

The one from Grants Pass, OR was ordered probably last Tuesday.

The one from Van Nuys, CA was ordered sometime in April.
warrl
>>>>>>>>>>>>

well, I was just paying credit card and see I apparently ordered it on June 19th because that's when they charged my card.

I still can top you on this. The second one to California....they shipped and enclosed invoice and I mailed them a check the next day. :) Those folks are great....family business. Bless their hearts!

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688365 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 1:48 PM
there on a marijuana time schedule over there.
LD

>>>>>
oh my! I'm surprised I haven't gotten my hand smacked with a ruler on that misspelling of they're. :)

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688394 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 5:24 PM
"With moving cut short, I still have time left to be productive to decide to head to Sams Club to get a shopping trip out of the way. While at Sams, I take a new step in my quest for the quintessential snooty coffee experience <damn you fleg*>. I buy the whole bean expresso roast and grind it right there in the store using their industrial grinder. I wonder how often they clean that thing <g>." BigHairyMike
-------------

When I was a meat cutter down in Vero Beach, Florida little old ladies would ring the service bell and ask me to grind a round steak for them. They would tell me that their doctor had told them they had high cholesterol and they needed to cut all the animal fats out of their diet.

The problem was that in the grinder would be a cup or two of leftover meat from the previous grinding and there was no way to get that out of there short of taking the whole grinder apart and cleaning it out with hot water. So when I threw the round steak into the grinder to grind it would get mixed with whatever had been ground before it.

So I'd bring it out after grinding and the little old ladies would eye it critically and exclaim that it looked like it had particles of fat in it, which it of course in fact did.

If I had cleaned out the grinder and tossed one round steak in the grinder the yield of that round steak would have been significantly reduces because the large industrial grinders used in meat markets are not designed to grind one small round steak, they are designed to grind 60 lb lugs of meat.

And now I can't remember what the final solution was because it was so long ago. Like more than 40 years ago.

Art

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688427 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 8:44 PM
Recommendations: 4
I had finally finished all the tractor work at barn 2.0 so as long as I had the mower on the tractor, I decided to move it back to barn 1.0 to give it a much needed mowing. I hadn't mowed all year waiting for the wildflowers to drop seeds which I recently noticed that that had. But man it was hot hot hot. Sweat was running off me as I attached the trailer to the BOT and loaded the tractor. But the payoff would be air conditoned 45 minute drive from barn 2.0 to barn 1.0.

With the added weight of the tractor, I notice one of the trailer tires is low on air. So more delay as I get out the compressor and put air in all four trailer tires. And as long as the tractor is right there I top off the tractor tires too. All tbhis took another thirty minutes with the sun baking down, but I am finally on my way.

I get back to barn 1.0, unload ther tractor and go right to work mowing. After about three hours a sudden thunderstorm drove me inside and I quickly decided I had had enough for today.

I weight myself every morning as I struggle to keep my weight in check, so after my shower I weigh myself again. I was down 7 pounds from this morning. That is almost a gallons worth of perspiration. No wonder my t-shirt was soaked. I have since consumed about a half a gallon of delicious milk, over ice of course, and a half a slab of ribs I had smoked on the Fourth. Burp. So now I am feeling more like my big hairy self again. That is all.

You call that your tractor story? The Baron once heard a more interesting one -- it was about a woman who got gonorrhea from riding a tractor in her bathing suit.

Incidentally, The Baron is more like BHM these days. He's going through two gallons of milk a week now. (It used to be one gallon a week, and before that it was one gallon every 10 to 14 days.)

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688440 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 11:17 PM
Incidentally, The Baron is more like BHM these days. He's going through two gallons of milk a week now. (It used to be one gallon a week, and before that it was one gallon every 10 to 14 days.) - Baron

---------------

Heh, before long you will be yearning to live a reclusive life in th country.

I do drink a lot of milk <about 4 gal a week these days> but one concession is that I drink the 1% kind. I can't do skim, but 1% is OK. It's the lite beer of milk.

I bet a sophisticated urban palate such as yours prefers the hard stuff, 4% whole milk.

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688442 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 11:22 PM
Your humble narrator can only soy milk. Cow's milk causes me much gastric distress and social embarrassment. Not a winning combination.

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688443 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 11:24 PM
can only DRINK soy milk. Gawd, I'm getting old.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688446 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/9/2013 11:32 PM
Cow's milk causes me much gastric distress and social embarrassment.

Goat milk might help with the gastric distress. And a lot less social embarrassment if you don't snort it out your nose.

--fleg

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688447 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/10/2013 12:13 AM
Recommendations: 2
Incidentally, The Baron is more like BHM these days. He's going through two gallons of milk a week now. (It used to be one gallon a week, and before that it was one gallon every 10 to 14 days.) - Baron

---------------

Heh, before long you will be yearning to live a reclusive life in th country.

Let's not get crazy. <LOL>

Perhaps The Baron could take to country life if he could live in true Baronial splendor... perhaps something like this:

http://www.williamanelay.co.uk/testimages/Althorp%20House%20...

I bet a sophisticated urban palate such as yours prefers the hard stuff, 4% whole milk.

That's right. Although 2 percent will do in a pinch.

Only 4 percent cottage cheese for The Baron as well.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688451 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/10/2013 4:17 AM
If I had cleaned out the grinder and tossed one round steak in the grinder the yield of that round steak would have been significantly reduces because the large industrial grinders used in meat markets are not designed to grind one small round steak, they are designed to grind 60 lb lugs of meat.

And now I can't remember what the final solution was because it was so long ago. Like more than 40 years ago.

I would hope the final solution involved acquiring a small grinder that could reasonably handle that quantity of meat.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688471 of 736874
Subject: Re: Todays flegbait Date: 7/10/2013 9:06 AM
"I would hope the final solution involved acquiring a small grinder that could reasonably handle that quantity of meat." - warrl
----------------

If Winn Dixie had been a small neighborhood meat market that might have been a possibility but what you got to understand is that it was a big busy grocery store that didn't have time to spend 1/2 an hour on one $3.00 round steak. There were about 4 of us working in that market and we had to work hard and fast to get done on time. Then after finishing up cutting up the meat for that day we had to clean all the equipment and the floor and then clock out.

I used to get in trouble for standing out there at the counter while little old ladies told me their life stories. I didn't want to be rude and tell those little old ladies they weren't important.

The truck came in 3 times a week and every time it did the alcoholic market manager would say to me, "Art the truck is here go unload it." I was the youngest, 19 years old, and big and stout so I always got all the heavy hard jobs. Getting stuck unloading meat trucks is what motivated me to to go Indian River Community College in Ft. Pierce, Florida and repeat English 101. Thankfully I made a B in it and it gave me the confidence to go back to the University of Georgia and give it another try.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement