Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52500  
Subject: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/10/2012 10:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If your best pitcher needs time off, you give him the time early in the season. That way he's available to pitch a shut-out in the playoffs.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47842 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 12:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Do you think Mike Rizzo realizes that now, or will he stubbornly keep singing the same tune?

Author: JustBarmin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47844 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 11:24 AM
Recommendations: 0
He will keep singing the same tune. He has sung it since the first press conference and will not change now, regardless of the outcome.

Right now I would consider a base hit with a runner on base a victory at this point!

Curt

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47845 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 11:42 AM
From what I heard, many of the Nats fans were
Ok with sitting Straburg down given the awesome pitching staff m
Nats have. Now behind 2-1, are the DC area people feeling the same way?

Author: JustBarmin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47847 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 1:59 PM
I was one of those fans who supported the shut down. Since I live now in the Evil Empire's territory I have not had as much a chance to talk to people down there about what the mood is.

I am currently torn about what I feel. I know there is no way he is going to pitch, so forget about it, quit showing him in the dugout and please stop TALKING ABOUT IT while I am trying to watch us pop up with runners in scoring position.

BUT, there is also part of me that would love to see the emergency roster change and have him come out for 4 innings and electrify the park and the team. That would be awesome.

I know there are many who think that a team who spits in the face of the baseball gods after all these decades of despair and teams leaving town by shutting down there thunder-bolted armed phenom when they have a real chance to win it all, deserve to lose in the first round and never make it back for another 79 years. I get that. I do.

I hope that doesn't happen, and I honestly don't think it will. We are built for the long haul and multiple shots. But you never know.

One of the reasons we love the game I guess.

With all that now said...
NATITUDE!!!!!

Curt

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47848 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 4:19 PM
I'm pretty Strassberg ain't much of a hitter.

The Nats are averaging about 2 runs a game.

Maybe, maybe his presence might have helped changed one of those outcomes, but you ain't going very far in the postseason with those kind of hitting numbers, even with Strassberg and his 3.16 ERA.

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47851 of 52500
Subject: Re: Today's Lesson taught by Professor Carpenter Date: 10/11/2012 7:11 PM
ocd: sure

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement