Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wes00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12547  
Subject: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 10:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now that we're at 38 are you going to continue holding puts? I closed mine out at the end of yesterday, too early once again but a nice profit still. What do you see for the rest of the day?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12528 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 10:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
buying opps everywhere......buy signals going crazy right now.....look at the obos being pressed pass -2000....if that don't scream buy opp i dont know what does.....look at the 39 calls .....popping in at 20 and out at 25.....late day rally will launch this thing up into the 38.40 range hopefull and it may stick....got out of my puts also late yesterday but im a daytrader....its dangerous for me not to close out my position at days in because i could get clipped the next morning with any stupid announcements from a lot of those analysts.....feel free to hold on til next day if you dare....but remember never veer from your discipline ....i learned an early lesson and i won't dare to get busted up twice!

Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12529 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 11:21 AM
holding for .15....but will go in at .20 if i have to!

Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12530 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 12:00 PM
expiration week is gonna be a lot of fun......nickel entries will turn into .30 exits.......get those triggers hot!

Author: wes00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12531 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 1:04 PM
I'll certainly be OK with that. Keep me posted on what you do. I've got some 38 calls that I'll hopefully close out nicely today.

Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12532 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 1:44 PM
i'm retreating at .25 on those calls....market too flimsy and punch drunk can't get any legs so im taking what i can get and leaving!

Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12533 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 4:01 PM
dang should have waited for rally.....would have made 300 big ones!

Author: wes00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12534 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 6:42 PM
"dang should have waited for rally.....would have made 300 big ones!"

yeah I know....I had some 38 calls from mid morning at 50 and I put in a limit at 70 becuase I had to meet someone in early afternnon. I came back with it executed. I was happy with the gain but ask was at 80-85 when I got back, if I remember correctly. I was already done for the day.

What are expecting to open up with?

Author: heckynah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12535 of 12547
Subject: Re: today's position Date: 6/8/2006 7:03 PM
<<What are expecting to open up with?>>

I'm expecting the market to realize that short term profit takers are on board so no matter how far the market pumps itself up....profit takers will take it back down.....if market opens up and gains momentum then the 38 puts will be my position....i may even grab some 37 puts but that depends on how fast the market is moving....meanwhile if we open up on a downward slope like today then i'll play it pretty much the same way as today!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement