UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37183  
Subject: Today's Task Awaits! Date: 7/4/2003 8:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
We have something of a 'spare' room. Really, it is our room, but we (meaning Jeff) started stripping the paint 2 years ago and I don't think he'll actually complete that before the oldest goes off to college in 9 years, thereby making the need for the 4th bedroom obsolete. This room is also the room with the door to the attic. Sooooooooo, instead of taking stuff up to the attic, we take stuff up to 'the room'. I am especially guilty of this. Once a week I declutter the downstairs of everything that is just laying around. I send up armloads of stuff with the kids and tell them where it goes. Stuff with no home goes to 'the room'. Theoretically, I will then go through the stuff in 'the room' and organize it and either take it to the attic or send it up there with Jeff. Further, I also sort through seasonal clothes in that room and I haven't even gotten the boxes of winter clothes taken back up yet! Needless to say, this room has become an extension of the attic which is RIDICULOUS!!!

Jeff and his dad and Seany are going to the mall this morning to do a 3 gerations picture. (Seany looks so much like the two of them I thought it would be nice.) Corey and Drew and I are staying home. They don't know it yet, but we are going to tackle that room while Jeff and Seany are gone. It's one of those things I don't get around to normally because there is no safe place for Seany to play upstairs other than in his crib, and I need the time he's playing in there to do my regular upstairs chores like putting clothes away or cleaning the bathroom. Since he will not be home I figure this is the perfect opportunity. They should be gone for at least 1 hour, maybe 2, and I am going to get the room EMPTY except for boxes that are too heavy for me to carry upstairs. Jeff will have to carry them later.

BTW, there are 3 tubs of CHRISTMAS stuff sitting in this room!!! THEY SHOULD BE IN THE ATTIC!!!!! (Yes, I am screaming!)

Wish me success.

Rebecca
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement