UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976352  
Subject: Todd rattles them Date: 3/24/2013 9:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Chuck Todd unleashes a series of question for Obama and Net that maybe they would have preferred he didn't ask.

"CHUCK TODD: Thank you Mr. President, Mr. Prime Minister. Mr. President, I want to follow up a little bit on the peace process. You began your term, your first term, big fanfare, the Cairo speech, to talk to the Muslim world, the – the decision to have a Middle East envoy early, you said you weren't going to let this slip to your second term. We're in your second term with the Mideast peace process. What went wrong? Why are we further away from a two-state solution? I know you said you want to talk more about this tomorrow, but I am curious to – what do you believe went wrong? Did you push Israel too hard? What do you – what do you wish you would have done differently?

And Mr. Prime Minister, I want to help out my colleague over here on the follow-up that he had, which had to do with, do you accept the President's understanding that Iran is a year away when it comes to nuclear weapons? And then another question I had for you is why do you believe-

BARACK OBAMA: Chuck, how many do you got? Do you guys do this in the Israeli press? You say you get one question and then you add like five?

TODD: Well, I'm helping him, I'm helping him with his follow-up.

OBAMA: You see how the young lady from Channel One, she had one question, she was very well behaved, Chuck?

TODD: Well, I've got one for you and-

BENJAMIN NETANYAHU: These are Talmudic questions, they have reiterations.

TODD: I thought I had four questions. Passover starts in a couple days, I get four questions.

[LAUGHTER]

NETANYAHU: Look, this is not a kosher question but don't hog it.

[LAUGHTER]

TODD: I guess I was – my question to you was going to be, why do believe the Israeli people have not embraced President Obama the same way they embraced our last two U.S. presidents? Thank you.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: So you had to get a polling question in there right at the end, huh?
"

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/obama-scolds-incorrigible-nbce...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement