Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to propose a meeting of Tokyo Fools for mid June. Is June 9th good for people?

Come one, come all- the markets are WAY down, and there are some excellent buying opportunities. Let's share ideas and have some fun together!

Any and all welcome. I'll be only too happy to make arrangements as needed, but would like a headcount before proceeding. Post to this board or e-mail me personally.

Wilkun
A Confirmed Fool
Print the post Back To Top
Wilkun - how you'all doin???

We are lovin it here in Atlanta. Uncle Veggie knocked his better half up on the honeymoon and so all three are here visiting - a blue print - Karen is due in November. Actually we hired Veggie to help with some development work for a few weeks.

So yes we will participate in spirit at the June meeting. Heck we had a Tokyo Fools meeting last night - here in Atlanta. I finally got on line out of my home Friday - hence the derth of postings!!!

We bought a house in Peachtree City - it is very nice here - but I have yard work!!!

Richaardo - Uncle Veggie wanted me to pass on that your Peter Lynch book is in a box somewhere in my house. I have the painters coming this week - so next week we will start looking for it while we are unpacking boxes! I will mail it out to your mom, so she can give it to you when you see each other.

Veggie lives in Calgary now - talk about cold!!

The stock market has a great sale on tech growth going on - I am doing my DD to pick up some more. I have been hurt about 15% so far this year and have a little cash. I am looking hard at JDSU, NOK, Checkfree, RFMD, a few other techs and some bio, and QQQ. I have bought the QQQ twice lately and really like them at these levels.

Saki sends her love to all the Tokyo Fools family's.

Uncle Veggie and I miss all of you. Mi Casa - Tu Casa!!! Visit anytime.

BTW - what is up with the Nippon Fool site?

Thanks!

AtloonaFool
Wilkun wrote:

I would like to propose a meeting of Tokyo Fools for mid June. Is June 9th good for people?

Sure, sounds good to me. I haven't noticed too much activity on the board lately. I hope everyone is doing well. It would be nice to see some familiar faces at our next meeting, as well as welcome any new folks brave enough to drop in.

AltoonaFool--it was nice to hear from you! I'm glad that all is going well for you in good ol' "A'lanna." I'll be dropping you a line by e-mail also. Don't be a stranger on the board. I mean, someone's got to keep us in line.

Hope to see everyone in June.

Richaado
Hello Nifty members
Looks like this time, we could get together. Last time, we could not make it.
I was at that notorious city, Bogotá, for a month until the end of last week, after arriving here in
Tokyo, yes, I would like to meet again my friends. I hope
all member of Nifty would show up. I am in deep hurt for my stocks too. I would like to know how our people did survive during these three months.

…AltoonaFool.. it is great to meet you at the board, sound likes you are doing fine over there, I hope you are enjoying staying at Atlanta and hope to see you in Tokyo someday.

yasu
Yo! Wow, this board has been really quiet lately. Yes, my port is suffering, but I have enough in the bank to keep food on the table so I'm not worried about dipping into investments. I hope all Fools have gotten this taken care of before investing long term...

This Fri. is no good for me. I am stacked up on dinner appts and such due to the fact that I will be leaving for a new job soon...

Hope you guys have a great meeting!

Roychan
This Friday won't be good for me either, I have to work late. Hopefully can catch up with everyone next time.
Dear Wilkun & All in the Tokyo area,

I've just began learnign about investing and really need some English speaking, Foolish friends to talk to about it. Could you please contact me at:

ia24281@ha.bekkoame.ne.jp

and let me know when you're all meeting again?

THANKS!!

Ali
Hi, Ali.

Thanks for posting. As you can tell from the delay in replying to your message, we are not a bunch known for our prompt action but, rest assured, our hearts are in the right place (sandwiched somewhere between our spleens and duodenums, or there abouts). Granted, we occasionally have trouble getting our troops together, but we do manage to get a number of beer-chugging ... er, investment-minded people together every month or so, usually in Roppongi.

I suggest that you keep an eye on this board for notice of our next beer-fest, oops--I mean investment roundtable. We'd love to have you join us at our next meeting. I'll fill you in on the matter of the nominal membership fee, which I usually handle personally, when we see you. (Incidentally, you needn't mention the membership fee bit to the others in the group.)

Hope to see you soon,

Richaado
Advertisement