UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jeff456 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10413  
Subject: Tom, ARM Insider 62% Date: 10/3/2002 1:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A reply to a question I posted on 62% insider holdings:

So, I think 62% should read more like 4%.

Yep - nothing like 62% - figures on Hemscott read as -
Total of 1020.13m 0.05p Ords - Capital Group Companies Inc 17.09%, Morgan Stanley Securities 4.93%, Fidelity Intl Ltd/FMR Corp 3.24%, Legal & General Inv Mgmt 3.06%, Barclays 3.04%, Sir Robin Saxby 2.52%, Other Dirs 0.50%

from Troglodytes on TMF UK ARM board.

?

Hope that 62% number wasn't too large a factor in your buy/hold decision.

Rgds

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTom9 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7959 of 10413
Subject: Re: Tom, ARM Insider 62% Date: 10/3/2002 2:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not at all. My decision was based on a discounted cash flow analysis based on performance, not mgmt. predictions, and the assumption that the semi downturn would end someday. I'm not concerned about the price that much (see last graph of column). It's mgmt. integrity that is the problem. And while it does appear that the 62% figure provided by my data service misstates the allocation between institutions and mgmt., the timing of the announcement suggests more of a concern to these folks. We'll know in the coming months.

Thanks for reading and for pointing it out.

Fool on,
Tom9

Author: TMFTom9 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7960 of 10413
Subject: Re: Tom, ARM Insider 62% Date: 10/3/2002 2:54 PM
P.S. I think the poster is confusing Institutional with Insider, though the stats at MoneyCentral are only partially helpful:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/ownership/ownership.asp?Symbol=armhy

Best,
Tom9

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement