Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Tonight the school with which I have partnered my own held a black belt promotion ceremony for our sister school (basically the same corporation but a different name and location - healthy rivalry is good for the metabolism). Two students received black belts, and, as is this school's tradition, their own katana swords.

And after the promotion ceremony was over, the other sensei called me up, and presented me with a replica of the "Kill Bill" katana, paid for by donation from all the students in my regular class.

I did NOT cry. That was, um, a dust speck, and I have allergies, and it was, um, dusty in there. It was just something in my eye!!

Jeez.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Oh, that is so cool!

Congrats.

Ishtar
It was totally cool. My kids, they chipped in! For a sword. A (ridiculous fake) wicked cool sword.

I wish I could show it to you. I kind of want to run down the street waving it, and then, when the cops come, show it to them, like, oh look what my students gave me, I bet you don't have one ...

Jeez.
No. of Recommendations: 0
post a pic on FB!

Ishtar
Since you asked ... okay, done.
it's great!

Ishtar
I did NOT cry. That was, um, a dust speck, and I have allergies, and it was, um, dusty in there. It was just something in my eye!!

Maybe an eyelash? Certainly couldn't ahve been a tear. Saw the pic and the sword is very sweet. What a lovely thing for your students to do.

LWW
the sword is very sweet

It's bloody hilarious. The thing is a replica of the "Hattori Hanzo" sword from Kill Bill. All I need is a yellow jumpsuit.

But the gesture, yeah, that was overwhelming.
It's bloody hilarious. The thing is a replica of the "Hattori Hanzo" sword from Kill Bill. All I need is a yellow jumpsuit.

But the gesture, yeah, that was overwhelming.

Do you have a yellow jumpsuit on order yet?

LWW
Advertisement