Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86584  
Subject: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 1/10/2013 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Tony,

I emailed you a while back with info on my cruise which stops in Oranjestad, Aruba. Either you never got it or it had WAY to much information for you to digest...LOL!

I'll make it simple, what is the best thing to do on Aruba from 7 am to 6 pm on a Saturday in March? Keep in mind I like scenic.

Utahtea

...but I still am...

Off2Aruba4aDay
Print the post Back To Top
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86239 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 1/25/2013 6:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
TONY has gone AWOL on us again :'(

Anyone else have Aruba advice?

What about Curacao, Antilles or Bonaire, Antilles or even Cartagena, Columbia.

Utahtea

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86240 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 1/27/2013 9:05 PM
I can't give any advice about Aruba or any other warm tropical islands. Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5_AD9wXuY

Maybe Tony saw this and took heed.

Eugene

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86241 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/1/2013 4:44 AM
I can't give any advice about Aruba or any other warm tropical islands. Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5_AD9wXuY

Maybe Tony saw this and took heed.

Eugene,

That was definitely great mood music...I can't wait to go!!!!

I think we've decided on the Off-Road 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure for the first half of the day:

Travel off-road in a four-wheel-drive open air vehicle along the coast to the Casibari Rock Formation, the Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins, the ocean carved Natural Bridge, the picturesque Alto Vista chapel and the California Lighthouse on the northwestern tip of the island. Your driver will give brief safety instructions before you begin, then head out caravan-style on your half-day experience! The adventure ends with a splash at famous Arashi Beach.

We will then walk around the port harbor area for the second half of the day.

Utahtea

...but I still am...

Off2Aruba4aDay

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86242 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/1/2013 4:05 PM

Utahtea

Can't WAIT to see the pics and hear how it goes!!!!

Andrea

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86243 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/2/2013 3:50 PM
1. Learn to windsurf.
2. Windsurf.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86244 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/3/2013 2:49 AM
1. Learn to windsurf.
2. Windsurf.

My mind might be willing but my body just isn't up for it! ;) I am more adventurous in my old age, but I have to think about how easily bones break at this old age and how SLOW they are to heal.

We tried snorkeling for the first time last year and I fell in love with it. DH can take it or leave it. I am planning a snorkeling tour on Bonaire because I hear it's the best place on our trip to do it. There will be other snorkeling opportunities too.

Utahtea

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86245 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/5/2013 5:19 PM
Oh My Gosh!!!

Utah, I'm SOOOO sorry to not have seen your message. Your email went to spam, and for whatever reason, missed your post. Please accept my apologies!!

Okay, for your day in Aroooooba, here's what I'd suggest. Since I know you like to be on the move, and not just hang on the beach, sign up for a day tour of the island. These tours include lunch and take you to a bunch of cool spots. Be sure to include some snorkeling because the water is beautiful!!

You could, if you wanted, do it on your own by renting a Jeep, but a Jeep tour is more fun because you're in a Caravan following each other and you're sure to see the sights. These tours include lunch, and usually a snorkeling stop as well. Be sure to bring suntan lotion!

DePalm tours is the big company that does these tours, and while they're not cheap, they're excellent.

I hope this helps you, and again, please forgive me for not getting back to you!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86246 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/5/2013 5:21 PM
I think we've decided on the Off-Road 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure for the first half of the day:

Travel off-road in a four-wheel-drive open air vehicle along the coast to the Casibari Rock Formation, the Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins, the ocean carved Natural Bridge, the picturesque Alto Vista chapel and the California Lighthouse on the northwestern tip of the island. Your driver will give brief safety instructions before you begin, then head out caravan-style on your half-day experience! The adventure ends with a splash at famous Arashi Beach.

Yes! Yes! Yes!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Also, if you end up with enough time, check out the town, which is very close to the port.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86247 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/5/2013 9:49 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Also, if you end up with enough time, check out the town, which is very close to the port.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Thank you Tony! I feel much better about booking this tour now. I know we will get a chance to go swimming but not sure about snorkeling. If I can pick up a snorkel and mask in Ft. Lauderdale I will! DH isn't a big snorkeling fan but I fell in love my first time last year in Hawaii. Even if we don't get to snorkel in Aruba we will on Bonaire which I hear is not to be missed.

Thanks again.

Utahtea

...but I still am...

Off2Aruba4aDay

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86248 of 86584
Subject: Re: TONY....I need ARUBA Advice! Date: 2/12/2013 2:54 PM
Don't bother with Aruba snorkeling, 'Tea. Bonaire is the place for that! No comparison.

I can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement