Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90  
Subject: Re: The Secret Date: 3/11/2007 7:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Took me a while to respond, but I finally have some time. ;-)

How about looking at it from a different perspective? We are all souls, and before we are born, our souls choose what lessons they want to learn. We contract with other souls to help us learn those lessons.

If you think of life as a school, we can choose to take an easy course, knowing that we may not grow as rapidly; or we can choose to take a difficult "course of study" so to speak that will teach us a lot. By taking the more difficult course, our souls have the potential to grow exponentially.

I don't disagree with this. However, this doesn't mean that by doing so we choose only one path. In my view, it means we choose a destination. How we get there and how we learn what we need to learn is through our own free will.

The terror that five-year-old goes through may be what catalyzes her (or him) to become an advocate for children's rights. Because of what she goes through, she may become the prosecuting attorney who puts away pedophiles. Or the compassionate counselor who works with women survivors of sexual abuse. Or she may be the legislator who gets laws enacted to protect children.

Yes. This may be true, but this is the result of someone, again, who has chosen to go that route, and chose to learn those lessons. It doesn't mean that we particularly chose the mode of learning. Only what we needed to learn.

As for all those souls lost in the tsunami -- what if that whole group of souls made contracts before birth to die in such a way so as to point up the problems of global warming and the dangers of being out of sync with nature?

This goes to my opinion that there are no absolutes. Certainly what you say may be true. Again, it may not be. That's why I'm an Agnostic. I believe what I believe, but I don't discount the possibility that there are other realities out there different from my own.

In the early 90s, when I first heard about "creating my reality", I was absolutely appalled (and angry). "What?! You mean I'm creating all this crap that happens to me?" But as I've worked with the concept and the tools, it has REALLY empowered me. I feel so totally in control of my life and everything that happens to me.

Just two different views, I suppose. Again going back to my belief in 'no absolutes.' I heard some people talking about the Secret, the other day, on TV. They were Atheists and just raggin' on it. I'm just not of the ilk to completely buy, or completely discount it. My philosophy has always been to decide what makes sense to me and leave the rest. There are a lot of things that they say in "The Secret" that make sense to me. There are other things that I don't buy. For me it's not an "either/or" proposition.

I believe in soul contracts, but I also believe in fate and free will. I think all of it works in tandem. What we do with what we learn is up to us.

Caat
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement