UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: Top Chef Finale Date: 9/16/2010 9:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Kevin won, I'm glad, great chef, nice guy.

Now. About Angelo and his illness. I don't consider myself to be a germophobe, though I do try to be cautious. Would I want to eat a meal prepared by someone who had just the previous day been sick as a dog, migraine, "knives in my stomach", throwing up all night long, fever, couldn't open his eyes, couldn't get out of bed?

The answer is a resounding no. In fact, I think that Angelo was allowed to prepare and serve food a day later was just plain crazy.

Or is it just me?

-nab
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3715 of 3734
Subject: Re: Top Chef Finale Date: 9/16/2010 9:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
My wife and I were wondering the exact same thing while we watched the finale last night! I don't want someone that sick cooking my food!

Anyway, I thought that Ed had been the best chef all season (despite all the Angelo hype, Ed actually won the most challenges this season), but letting his sous chef make his dessert (and a comparatively weak dessert at that) doomed him, and Kevin definitely had the best meal in the final episode and deserved to win it.

Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3716 of 3734
Subject: Re: Top Chef Finale Date: 9/17/2010 3:03 PM
ick !!!

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3717 of 3734
Subject: Re: Top Chef Finale Date: 9/18/2010 11:17 AM
Recommendations: 1
The answer is a resounding no. In fact, I think that Angelo was allowed to prepare and serve food a day later was just plain crazy.

Conveniently, I found this article on Yahoo the other day.

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_bloggers/67/25-things-chef...

Towards the bottom is "Chefs cook when they’re sick."

So, probably not that surprising.

dsbrady

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement