UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: retireearlyboi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1490  
Subject: Re: Phillipines Date: 10/19/2003 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Toro writes:
>>>>>
That article is 100% correct. While I am not retired, I live and work in Jakarta and once you get use to this life, you can never go back. Imagine NEVER cleaning your house, NEVER driving a car (here we have drivers for about US$100 month), NEVER cleaning the table after dinner, NEVER cooking, and dining out for two for about US$10-15 for a nice international meal.
>>>>>

Thanks Toro. I would actually consider moving there. The PPP of Phillipines shows that it's currency is undervalued by about 50% relative to the dollar. This means that the dollar goes a long way there.

Question: Would it be possible to go to the Phillipines on vacation to scout it out? Are there short term furnished apartment rentals at reasonable rates (where I won't get taken for being a foreigner?) where one could sort of check out the lay of the land? I would be more interested in leaving near the sea in some sort of beach front community. I love Thailand and am doing some traveling there over the winter. Maybe I should put The Phillipines on my list for winter travel next year?

-reb
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement