Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: KKoleto Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/17/2000 9:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I found very few notes on here from folks who got the pilot paperless program notifications from the IRS as I did. I was looking forward to trying it out.

The TurboTax mini-manual said that after finishing my returns the program would inquire if I had these magic ECN numbers. Never happened to me. I'm still going to have to follow up my return with some paperwork. Did this work for any of you? I'm just curious. I already sent Turbo a "bug" report about this.

Ken
Print the post Back To Top
Author: akbill Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34673 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/18/2000 3:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
It worked fine for us. We filed electronically and did a debit of a bank account to pay what we owed. TurboTax cranked out the standard filing papers, but said we were exempt from having to do the Form for signatures since we were part of the pilot. Shazaammmm! No paper.

Author: KKoleto Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34679 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/18/2000 8:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback. At what point did you enter the ECM numbers? It didn't ask me...

Thanks,
Ken

Author: DWSZ Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34683 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/18/2000 9:20 AM
I entered mine directly on the 1040. The program asked for it near the very end of the process.

Author: eriver01 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34700 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/18/2000 12:37 PM
I used Tax Cut and it asked for the ECN at the very end, after selecting electronic filing. Everything worked well. I paid with check, so I still had to fill out the 1040V, but almost entirely paperless.

Author: scottfm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34706 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/18/2000 3:41 PM
The whole process worked perfectly for me. I received a postcard in the mail way back in Jan. or so which had the ECN number on it. Using turbotax, I was able to file totally electronically and paperless without any follow-up mailings at all. It was really nice. I think I had my refund within 2 weeks auto. deposited into my bank account. And I even used the rebate Intuit was offering for the e-filing, so the whole thing didn't cost me anything.

Author: horlander One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34770 of 121219
Subject: Re: Totally Paperless? Maybe Next Year Date: 4/19/2000 4:08 PM
Ditto here. Filed through TT web, for free because of a deal they were running with fidelity customers. Entered the ECNs at the very end of the process, owed some $$, but had it debited on 4/14. I checked on Friday and the withdrawal had been made. I also filed this way last year, but received a small refund which was deposited directly into my account within 2 weeks of filing. Love this process, wouldn't do it any other way!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement