UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (183) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744174  
Subject: Re: What Libs Think Will Happen With Gun Control Date: 1/29/2013 12:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
toto:" I will say that I am deeply disturbed when the gun lobby suppresses information. Better registration and releasing data won't hurt."

Tell that to the crime victims when the database was released by the paper in CT. And the fear of women who had gotten a gun to protect themselves from abusive spouses who had threatened to kill them, and the women had had to move several times..and now you give out their addresses.

The gov't databases get hacked and abused and misused constantly. You can't keep people from prying and getting any 'registration' info.

You think criminals are going to 'register' their guns? Joke joke.

--------

toto:"So far it doesn't look like concealed carry has had the ill effects we thought would happen, but we don't have all the data available because it is suppressed by the gun lobby."

You have all the crime stats you want. The fact is, that conceal carry did not increase anything. In fact, murder rates, other than democratic bastions like Detroit and Chicago, have gone DOWN year after year after year.

--------

toto:"We definitely should not have information suppressed by lobbyists. We have a right to know that info for democratic debate."

Actually, you don't have a 'right' to that information. Since it doesn't exist and it doesn't exist for a good reason. Once the government gets 'registration' information on every gun purchase and requires annual up dates as to who owns what where , it is just a matter of time till they tax it out of existence with annual 'registartion fees', annual 'competency tests' for $250/yr, annual 'gun owner physical exam and mental health exam' at $800/yr and all sorts of other nonsense to back door regulate and destroy private gun ownership.

No one has the 'right' to demand that you open up your house, register your 'first amendment' computer usage where you post on blogs on line and 'publish' to the web. No one demands an annual fee for each 'first amendment' device you own from a cellphone , landline phone, printing press, or anything else.

The government and YOU have no more right to know if I have 3 flush toilets with 3 gal/flush or six refrigerators and seven water beds......or 4 air conditioners and seven old cars out on the back forty I don't use on the roads but just on the farm or ranch.

You don't have a right to know if I have a gold bracelet in my safe deposit box or #4000 in cash there.

Sorry......get off your high horse of 'we don't have the data'. You got all the crime stats.

-----

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (183) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement