Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
We still have a long way to go in getting in getting a backbone erected to cover the financial universe although we've made remarkable progress considering how many people are contributing (dude Pauleckler you are a machine!) but as we get further along I think we'll discover that there are many entries that are no longer up to what is bound to be our evolving standards (most likely many of my contributions will be judged as such by users in the future :-) ).

I think we could use a mechanism in place to encourage continual improvement/refinement of what we already have. Wikipedia seems to let users tag entries they feel are incomplete or lacking in some regard, I would think touchstone could really benefit from something like that. For one it would enhance completeness of the database, two it would help ensure that there is continuous improvement and vigilance over entries and three (perhaps most importantly) I think it may encourage more people to contribute. A lot of people, especially inexperienced users I imagine would rather add a few sentences here or there than start from zero as that requires a lot less time involvement and prior knowledge. It can be intimidating to start from nothing, it's much less so to add to something.

If we could have a Most requested improvement list ( a flesh it out list if you will) akin to what we have now for most requested pages ( a skeleton list if you will) I think this would help drive more edits. I think we've already seen the power of the most requested pages list as it has sparked many additions. A flesh it out list may be even better especially if we could automate the process somehow

Just my two cents, hope it is of some value.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement