Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stillwater9999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14195  
Subject: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/8/2013 9:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2013/01/ches...

Another story disclosed that he will pay for jet charges in excess of $250,000/year.

sw
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13085 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/8/2013 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Aaaawwwwwwhhhhhhh. Those are the ones you know about. Their still trying to unwind all his holdings????????

Bob
RYR Home Fool

Author: mark19601962 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13086 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/8/2013 4:04 PM
I own it, and it is down 50%. Do you think I should sell or hold?

Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13089 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/9/2013 10:43 AM
Recommendations: 4
I own it, and it is down 50%. Do you think I should sell or hold?

I increased my position yesterday, a little, using puts.
Not sure whether that's a sell signal or not. Probably so, as I never seem to make money in hydrocarbons.

The current news is actually kinda positive in that it seems the board, newly stuffed
with relatively rational people, is perhaps getting control of a few loose ends.

I actually believe that the company will complete its divestment program
without any major problems, meaning the liquidity questions will fade.
If they also manage to meet their promises to stop acquiring properties
and run the remaining assets for cash, they'll be cash flow positive and on a steady keel.
If the NG prices rise a bit they'll do very well.

Jim

Author: mark19601962 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13090 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/9/2013 3:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks. I think the main thing is just the price of nat. gas.

When it goes up, the price will go up also.

I own about 4 other natural gas stocks, and they are all down.

I think the price will go up.

Mark

Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13092 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/9/2013 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks. I think the main thing is just the price of nat. gas.
When it goes up, the price will go up also.

Here's a cool link to keep on hand.
The ratio of the price of CHK to the spot price of natural gas.
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CHK:$NATGAS&p=D&yr=...

Possible bottom mid November?
i.e., CHK has been doing worse than the NG price for a long time, but better than the NG price lately.
Let's hope it's a new trend.

Jim

Author: wittgenstein Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13093 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/9/2013 4:00 PM
I increased my position yesterday, a little, using puts.
Not sure whether that's a sell signal or not. Probably so, as I never seem to make money in hydrocarbons....if the NG prices rise a bit they'll do very well.

Those hydrocarbons can be complex as I can attest. But I wrote some puts the other day on a company I've liked since the 1980s long before it found a home with some proper management. GLNG, (which I own and would be happy to own more given their growing ability to deliver good quantities of NG to places where they actually pay good prices for it.

jz

Author: mark19601962 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13095 of 14195
Subject: Re: Tough times for Aubrey Date: 1/9/2013 11:08 PM
Thanks Jim.

That's good to have on hand. I bought a bunch of these nat. gas stocks, and have lost money on all of them.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement