Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tonyle One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11706  
Subject: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/30/2000 1:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greeting Fools:

I am looking at the left-over 2000 model Toyota Camry LE, 4 cyl, automatic, ABS, driver power seat.

asking price ~ 20k.

Any comments from current or ex Camry owners are greatly appreciated.

tonyle
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Raybear Big red star, 1000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 991 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/30/2000 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Might be tough finding one. Better jump on it. Try the internet services or do a faxathon.

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 992 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/30/2000 5:02 PM
Greeting Fools:

I am looking at the left-over 2000 model Toyota Camry LE, 4 cyl, automatic, ABS, driver power seat.

asking price ~ 20k.

Any comments from current or ex Camry owners are greatly appreciated.

tonyle

Hi tonyle!

I'm jealous!

Oh sure, I know...I had said how I've no interest in buying a new car, and that's true, but still, you're talking Camry here, and a new one, at that.

As a Camry owner, it's by far the best car I've ever owned. I love mine. It's a '92, and I've never had a single problem with it. Other than regular maintenance, new brakes, and tires, I've not put any money into this car.

When I bought this car new in '92, I paid about $20K then. It sounds to me like you're getting a great deal.

I do feel certain that when the time comes for me to buy again, I'll be buying Toyota once again, and focussing on the Camry.

Good luck with your decision!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: sawbucka Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 993 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/30/2000 6:21 PM
I don't know your market but that seems high. Why don't you go with the CE model 5 speed. Should have more power, than an automatic four banger. Out the door price should not be over 17 k. Good luck, SBA

Author: 5SpeedFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 994 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/31/2000 2:08 PM
First let me say that I think it's very important for everyone to drive whatever makes them happy.

Second, let me say good luck on finding the Camry of your dreams.

Third, let me opine that the Camry is perhaps one of the most bland, dull, and souless cars ever produced.

I love cars, but I see a Camry/Malibu/Taurus/Accord, and all I see is an appliance on wheels.

5Speed

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 995 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/31/2000 2:12 PM
Third, let me opine that the Camry is perhaps one of the most bland, dull, and souless cars ever produced.
===*===

Monsieur would prefer something on the order of an Aston Martin Vanquish perhaps?

Raggmopp
(I know I would)

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 997 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 10/31/2000 8:05 PM

Well people say they are what they drive, so I guess with me, it's a perfect fit! :-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: 5SpeedFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 999 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 11/1/2000 2:40 PM
Oh, I don't want to imply that I'm picky; the Vanquish seems to have plenty of spring in its step. I'm thinking more in the direction of the Lotus Exige or AC Superblower. If I have to shop in town, though, the new M3 or Z06 Corvette will suffice.

I mean, we're not all cut out for Camrys ;)

5Speed

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1000 of 11706
Subject: Re: Toyota 00 Camry LE Date: 11/1/2000 2:54 PM
I mean, we're not all cut out for Camrys
===*===

Well, if I lived in say Barstow and worked in Las Vegas then a supercar makes some sense. Otherwise a Camry is fine (same with an Accord). According to the most recent article in Automobile the M3 won't let you use all of the revs until everything is properly warmed up. Talk about Deux ex machina.

'Mopp

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement