Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
After being employed in the UK for a number of years (UK employer), a friend returned to the US and while looking for a job, did a number of stock trades. Would he be a trader or investor? He's hoping to be able to deduct full computer costs and other home office costs as a trader and not be subject to the 2% AGI rule.

Please point me to an FAQ if there is one available.


my friend is enjoying trading so much he still does not have a job!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.