Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lukedds Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121589  
Subject: Trading within an IRA question Date: 12/5/1999 9:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm new at my self directed IRA management and though I've been fortunate in my first purchases, I'm sure to want to trade at some point. Can you trade for a gain within an IRA and still not be liable tax wise till you take it out. I mean in plain English - no matter how many times I trade nor how much I make within an IRA, I still don't pay for it till I withdraw? Please explain this issue to a beginner, I've searched the FAQ with little help.TIA
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22334 of 121589
Subject: Re: Trading within an IRA question Date: 12/5/1999 9:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Welcome to the world of self directed IRAs. Here's hoping you make a lot with it. In answer to your question, you only pay income taxes when you take a distribution from your IRA, be it prematurely or after 59 1/2.

Author: mphipps Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22743 of 121589
Subject: Re: Trading within an IRA question Date: 12/10/1999 12:27 AM
Two yes make a right. Or just in case you want a second opinion.
<<<I still don't pay for it till I withdraw...>>>
In plan English, Yes.
In plain English. You are correct and you don't need any explain this issue. You got it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement