Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lynny1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121482  
Subject: traditional IRA Date: 3/6/1999 5:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I need to know when the traditiional IRA could first be deducted off our income. Was it 1978? I also need to know how much a nonworking spouse could deduct at that time. I have been searching tax archives but can't find the correct info.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11874 of 121482
Subject: Re: traditional IRA Date: 3/10/1999 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[I need to know when the traditiional IRA could first be deducted off our income.
Was it 1978? I also need to know how much a nonworking spouse could
deduct at that time. I have been searching tax archives but can't find the correct
info.]]

Sorry...don't know, but the mid to late 70's sound about right. And at that time, a non-working spouse was limited to only $250.

Just out of curisoity, why do you want to know? There is NOTHING that you can do with those returns, regardless of what the law happend to be at that time.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement