UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kimlnh Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76238  
Subject: Traditional IRA vs Roth Date: 3/12/2002 3:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm currently 30 years old, married, no children, yet. I had a 401k plan with about $7,000 which I had to roll over into a traditional IRA because I left my previous employment and I wanted to continue contributing to my plan. I also have an additional traditional IRA which I opened about 5 years ago and have $10 a week automatically deducted from my checking account and currently has a balance of $2670.78.

What I am wondering is if it would be beneficial for me to move some of my money from my traditional IRA into a roth IRA?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33980 of 76238
Subject: Re: Traditional IRA vs Roth Date: 3/12/2002 6:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes, if you qualify (in terms of income) and provided the conversion is not so large that it puts you into a high tax bracket, it is usually worth your while to do a Roth conversion.

It seems that you already have two accounts. Why not combine them. By opening a third, Roth account, you complicate the paperwork and pay increased maintenance fees. Its better to consolidate your accounts whereever possible--especially while they are small accounts.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement