UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Chokidar2000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21031  
Subject: Trafalgar Tours to Europe? Date: 3/15/2004 2:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was looking into organized tours of Europe (France & Spain) this summer with my wife and I. I found one by Trafalgar Tours for 18 days... the AAA agent raved on and on about this, but I wasn't quite convinced I was getting the complete unbiased opinion, since she probably gets free trips from them for selling so many of their tours.

So I'm wondering if any of you out there have had any experience with Trafalgar's tours (esp. to Europe) and if so, can you share your stories?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4261 of 21031
Subject: Re: Trafalgar Tours to Europe? Date: 3/15/2004 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a friend who's been on at least one Trafalgar Tour -- I don't remember specifically, but will email him tonight and get his opinion and let you know. I know he didn't warn me against them, so that's a start. I've heard very negative stuff about Uniworld, but I'm sure opinion is divided there as well.

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4267 of 21031
Subject: Re: Trafalgar Tours to Europe? Date: 3/16/2004 11:40 AM
Recommendations: 1
Here's the scoop on Trafalgar from my travel buddy Larry (we met on a trip to Peru a couple of years ago and have been emailing about travel ever since:

Hi Dorothy,
I have been on three trips with Trafalgar -- Egypt, Italy, and Ireland. I was pleased with all three. The Egypt group had 20 people and the Italy group had about 30. Those were good groups. The Ireland group though had 49 and that was too many. Trafalgar will try to fill up a tour -- every seat on the tour bus. Another thing, I would plan on taking their optional tours. Some of the most festive, lively, and entertaining meals are with the smaller groups that decide to pay for the optional tours that include a dinner with it. In fact, I was planning to go on one of the Trafalgar tours for spring break and all them were booked up for the dates I could go. Several people have told me that similar companies such as Globus and Insight are a little more upscale when it comes to accommodations. Of course, I'm the type of person that doesn't care much about what the rooms are like as long as they are comfortable and clean. I would recommend Trafalgar.
<<Deleted stuff about his planned trip to Panama in the spring and Mexico during the summer.>>
Larry

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4268 of 21031
Subject: Re: Trafalgar Tours to Europe? Date: 3/16/2004 11:50 AM
Recommendations: 1
Several people have told me that similar companies such as Globus and Insight are a little more upscale when it comes to accommodations. Of course, I'm the type of person that doesn't care much about what the rooms are like as long as they are comfortable and clean. I would recommend Trafalgar.

I've never taken a Trafalgar tour but several of my acquaintances have. From what they say, if you're going to the British Isles, Trafalgar is a good choice.

I have taken several Globus tours and I highly recommend them for European trips on the continent.

Christina

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement