Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope someone can answer this question:

I excercised stock options and recently got stock certificates which (I was told) I can bring to any broker I chose. Now, since I am German, can I bring stock certificates issued in the US to a German brokerage firm. The reason why I would like to to that is that in Germany after holding a stock for one year you don't pay any taxes at all on the gain (compared with long term capital gains tax in the US. so how do I bring these stock certificates to Germany. is it possible? what does the IRS do?
nobody could answer this question so far!
Thanks for the specialist-answer in advance
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.