Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bearsfanGB Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7780  
Subject: Trash Talking Date: 11/16/2004 9:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There isn't enough in this league...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 481 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/16/2004 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
That's because your team sucks.

Fear the Donkee!

Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 483 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/16/2004 5:38 PM
The SunBeams play the bottom feeders...they'll stay on top...

Dat's right, and I plan to stay there thru week 14. This week I get the Pigeons, but next week, week 12, it's me and you MA, so buckle up your chin strap, grab an extra mouthpiece, and get ready for some football.

Author: bearsfanGB Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 484 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/16/2004 5:46 PM
next week, week 12, it's me and you MA, so buckle up your chin strap, grab an extra mouthpiece, and get ready for some football.

So next week is my coronation? Groovy!

Chinstrap? I'd gladly meet the StuntedBeans anywhere, sans chin and jockstrap.

It'll be a laugher going away...

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 486 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/16/2004 7:24 PM
Recommendations: 1
you all suck-maggie would have whupped all y'all...

Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 487 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/17/2004 6:50 AM
Maggie ain't here Dave, so youse just a 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' kinda guy!

Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 488 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/17/2004 6:51 AM
And in the real world, aren't you a fan of that team in Dallas, soon to be renamed the "CowPukes".

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 490 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/17/2004 10:42 PM
"Maggie ain't here Dave, so youse just a 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' kinda guy!"

Maybe if given 1/2 a chance at it...but the commish made sure that did not happen.
Yep, I am a Cowboy fan-thick and thin and right now it is pretty anorexic for sure. I told anyone who would listen that last year was done with smoke and mirrors-at least 4 wins were the result of the opposing teams coach mis-managing the game in the last 5 minutes. That combined with virtually flawless coaching on Parcells part and the record showed well but did NOT reflect the "greatness" or lack there of on the TEAM. This year Parcells is the one making poor decisions and the D just stinks-I think the main cog on D is Woodson who is out right now. That and Vinny is being asked to carry the team and I have never thought Vinny was that type of QB-he seems more of a Dilfer type QB, manage the game, don't loose it for us, don't ask him to do too much and you won't be disapointed. Right now they are asking WAY too much out of the man. I just hope they don't throw Henson to the wolves just yet...

anyway, y'all remember Maggie will ALWAYS be the FIRST champion of this league and until you beat last years champ, can you really consider yourself a winner?

LD

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 491 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/18/2004 9:08 AM
Recommendations: 5
until you beat last years champ, can you really consider yourself a winner?

Yes.

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 492 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/18/2004 12:36 PM
Don't fool yourself Ray...

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 493 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/18/2004 12:40 PM
I think we all know who is fooling themselves. Get some help, Dave, your are obsessing and it isn't healthy.

Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 495 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/19/2004 4:47 PM

You still there Dave?

Here's a prop: post the lineup Maggie had last year when the Revenge won the 1st FLoM championship, and this year's winner will match up with Maggie, just for old time's sake at the end of the year.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 497 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/19/2004 6:07 PM

When last year's champ surrenders like a little girl and goes whining and crying all the way home because their toys aren't arranged exactly to their specifications, you don't have to even have to play the champ.

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 498 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/20/2004 12:02 PM
OH my Jim, you better go back and check the facts-your commish has harbored a grudge against me dating way back and has accused me of "shady dealings" questioning my integrity. So instead of letting him keep sucker punching me I bowed out gracefully-go back and read the statements...something to the effect of "due to personal conflicts between myself and the commish I regret to inform you all that I will no long be participating in this league. I apologize to the league and good luck to everyone" or somesuch. anything in my statement represnt anything that can be construed as crying/whinning? and You can also look back at this year with NUMEROUS questions about how the league is run, the rules, the way the commish informs and educates the members of the league on the rules...it is rediculous. 77 had issue with the supplemental draft, at least one member did not draft a team 'cause the commish did not educate anyone on how to set up the auto draft or at least chose to wait until 6-8 hours before the draft to make that an option, and bearsfan has taken issue on more than one occasion on various items including the keeper rules. These are FACTS-not something I am making up-do the research if you like.

The bottom line is to be the CHAMP, you have to BEAT the champ. As far as putting last years Revenge team up against this years "winner" I would love that, but alas your commish failed to save the line-ups from last year-just another part where the commish screwed up...

LD

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 499 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/20/2004 6:21 PM
Recommendations: 8
I bowed out gracefully

This is graceful? What are you still doing here? Graceful is when, after you leave, you're gone.

anything in my statement represnt anything that can be construed as crying/whinning?

You bowed out on 9/2 (crappy, mean-spirited timing, by the way; inconvenient for everyone) with this post:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21256127

Now it's TWO MONTHS later, and it's still important enough to you to come back and take potshots. Since then:

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=116855&mid=21258066&sort=username

Over 20 posts.

The bottom line is to be the CHAMP, you have to BEAT the champ.

ONLY if the champ shows UP. When the champ takes his bat and ball and goes home, he ceases to be the champ. Then he's just another quitter.

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 500 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/20/2004 9:09 PM
Jim,

I was referring to the post I made on Fanball in my previous post, but I see where my first post here was a little "out of line", but I was and am still angry with your friend Patrick. Other than that first post point to me where I have been un-civil, impolite, or "out of line"?? What you call "pot shots" I call T-R-U-T-H, buddy-just pointing out the FACTS, that is all.

As far as the timing of my bowing out, I agree it was less than perfect, but it WAS NOT PRE-MEDITATED!! It was a build up of ignored e-mails and inquires as to how to set up the auto draft, when the draft was-date and time and constant smart arse replies to other members of the league reguarding these SAME questions-all perpetuated by your commish. You want to find fault you need to look no further than your commish. He knows how to put a stop to all of this...

and there is a difference between quiting and going into early retirement...

have a nice evening

LD

Author: dakeyras Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 501 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/21/2004 1:01 PM
Recommendations: 2
and there is a difference between quiting and going into early retirement...

That's true, and you have proven yourself to be a quitter. Though an oddly obsessed one.

As for your "facts" about disagreements in the league, most of those would have been avoided had the league by-laws been read. The very same by-laws that were posted by the commissioner shortly after this board was established.

As for the auto-draft, I just used the instructions on the site and it seemed to work fine for me.

Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 506 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/22/2004 2:20 PM
As far as putting last years Revenge team up against this years "winner" I would love that, but alas your commish failed to save the line-ups from last year-just another part where the commish screwed up...

Seems the coach of a team should remember who was on the team. Ah well, the SumbeamS will play out the season with the expectation of being this season's champ, or if not will graciously acknowledge whomever can beat the 'beamS.

Although it really would've felt good to 'screw' Maggie.

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 507 of 7780
Subject: Re: Trash Talking Date: 11/22/2004 6:03 PM
Although it really would've felt good to 'screw' Maggie

dude, then you'd be into beastiality...Maggie is my DOG!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement