Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is my first year as a travel nurse and I need to figure out what the IRS is going to do to me this year. I work for an agency and travel to various states for 3-month assignments. My housing is paid by the hospital for which I am working.

I was last a permanent resident of Arizona, but am not working there now and do not own any property or have any family there. I only have a P.O. box there.


Is my housing considered taxable income by the IRS?

I don't meet the requirements for a "tax home" in Arizona or anyplace, actually. What will this mean to the IRS? Do I have to have one somewhere?

If I become a Washington resident (where I am now and will be until May), do I still owe state taxes to the state of Arizona for 2000?

Any information would be appreciated. I'd especially love to hear from any other travel nurses who have been through these issues!


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.