Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I had a friend visiting from Japan and decided to finally go to Tribute. My wife came along also. Chef Takashi Yagihashi just won the James Beard Award for "Best Midwest Chef 2003". It is well deserved. Beautiful atmosphere, great service and excellent food.

We ordered a 1/2 bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Rose to start of. The sommelier returned apologetically with a regular bottle informing us they were out. With a wink he said "Just consider this a bottomless 1/2 bottle. I will stop filling your glass when you say so and charge you for a 1/2 bottle." Great champagne and we drank it all of course.

Appetizers were amazing. The Delice de Seafood was our favorite. Six or seven delicious little samplers. The soup was rich and velvety. I had halibut, my wife had red snapper and our friend duck. All great and no complaints. Just moans of ecstasy.

The sommelier made a great wine selection to match my halibut and my friends duck. A Joseph Drouhin Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley. A very nice wine. If it were a blind tasting, I don't think I would have guessed it a Pinot Noir.

All and all a great dining experience. Right up there with Michigan's other great restaurant, Tapawingo.

One more interesting comment. "Iron Chef" Masaharu Morimoto will be at Tribute in October. He and Chef Takashi will be preparing a 6 course dinner with each course being matched with and Japanese beer and sake.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement