Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: iamme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 111  
Subject: Trimeris rasiea $ w/ more stocks Date: 1/28/2000 3:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DURHAM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 28, 2000--
"Trimeris, Inc. TRMS today announced that it has offered and intends to complete a private placement of Trimeris' common stock to new and current shareholders in order to raise net proceeds of up to approximately $65 million.

In connection with this private placement, the company intends to issue up to 1.75 million shares of common stock. Net proceeds from the private placement will be used to fund the clinical development of its product candidates, T-20 and T-1249, to fund increased research and development, to provide working capital and for general corporate purposes.

The securities sold in this private placement have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 and may not be offered or sold in the United States in the absence of an effective registration statement or exemption from registration requirements. The company expects to file a registration statement on Form S-3 within 30 days after the closing of the transaction for purposes of registering the resale of the shares of common stock issued in the private placement."

This can be viewed as 'good' news. The good side to this news is they are intending to finance themselves. The bad side to this is; Why are they looking for more money?

They had a second release a few months ago. Did they not raise enough that time?

This is a good company. TRMS is run by good management. The future perspective are very positive.

My only question is; When is enough, enough?

Where is TRMS's R&D in their products?

As I said TRMS has some real finical potential. This is also a stock that will reach the $100s'. That is in a year or so from here.

So on our end, in my opinion, this is a good stock to hold...Maybe not on high margin.

At this time. I have sold off my margin holdings. I hope I am wrong.

Allow me to re-iterate; I have very good long term hopes they are right. Short term may see some back tracking on share price. Especially with the general market down turn.
(Just not so much in medical stocks...Finally! At last!)

Dose anyone have any opinions to this tack?

FOOL on folks!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement