Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445610  
Subject: Trip to that other kinda bar. :^D Date: 1/28/2013 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 30
So the past weekend was GF's 45th. She said she wanted to have a party because it was an important bday for her. So I set to work. Planned multiple different events over the weekend so that different kinds of friends could attend when they were avail.

One thing I had heard in the past was that she wanted to go see a local drag show. So found one that would fit into the weekend and had part of the group head there after dinner.

Eye opening experience!

I had knowledge of drag queens and some knowledge of shows. It turns out when you attend a drag queen show, in THEIR environment, it is a whole new experience!!! WOW. I have now seen in person a >6ft tall, black drag queen, with brilliant red glittering lipstick (making her/his mouth look even larger) come at me with very evil intent! It was almost surreal in its over-the-topness. (Oh, and said well fed(?) drag queen also threw herself to floor in full splits!) The whole show was amazing with queens and kings and an announcer that was full on and hilarious.

(Turns out said announcer is also an old friend of the GF, so I tipped bouncer to mention she was in crowd and it was her bday. Came this >< close to loosing GF as said announcer spent rest of evening trying to fix her up with any woman in the crowd. LOL. It was fun.)

So the show was just one of the experiences at that bar. The only men's restroom was upstairs. In the 'dance' section of the bar. Turns out it was also the 'Guys' section of the bar as most of the women were downstairs in couples. All the guys were upstairs.

The downstairs was very homogenous. The women there were typical of any diverse group of womena and they spanned all body shapes and personality types. There wasn't a 'stereotypical' thing going on. Upstairs was a whole different beast. And by beast I mean it was all leathers. Leather straps no shirts, leather hot pants, leather vest jackets on bears. Wow. Another new life experience in one night.

On one of my trips to the restroom I was walking through crowd and I do the 'i am nodding at you to acknowledge you because i have to get by but will be crossing into your space' head nod. This guy then stops and says, "Oh my god, you are beautiful." Anyone that knows me, and that I compete in scottish highland games, will laugh at fact that the gentleman was in leather staps and a kilt. I, the 6ft redhead with full beard get hit on by guy in a kilt! The universe can be ironic at times. :^D I smiled, laughed and said, "thank you very much'.

He instantly changes mood/presence and asks, "Are you straight?"

WHAT THE HELL? Do I have a tell? What did I do that made it so obvious. HAHA. When I admitted that I was he said, "Well, whoever she is, she is one lucky woman", and he shook my hand. (That made my GF laugh and "aww" at the sametime.)

It was fun trip into a world I would not have visited on my own. And that is even dispite the short skinny creeper that wanted to feel up my beard when I stood up and away from the GF. So when my disintrest didn't stop him, I used the GF as a shield.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement