Triplet #2 has 103.6. I just gave her some Motrin and dw is giving her a bath.I was able to get her a doctor appt in about an hour, but if I hadn't, is this something that would require an ER visit?(Not really relevant to my question, but other symptoms are sore throat, listlessness and lack of appetite.) The ER depends on if the fever goes down in response to the the motrin. Wafflegirl has had some high fevers (104 - 105 readings on the ear thermometer) Her fever did go down with medicine. We had to alternate tylenol/motrin but it helped. (If the motrin is every 4 - 6 hours - you can give Tylenol halfway between the next dose of motrin then give the next dose of motrin at the regular time) But you know your DD better than I do - wafflegirl seems to get fevers when she's sick more than her sister. If there was no dr appt and the fever didn't respond at all to the motrin in about an hour to hour and a half I'd think about the ER. If it went down to 102 with the motrin I'd give tylenol two hours after the dose of motrin and keep anxiously checking for that to kick in.
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<