No. of Recommendations: 10
trismus opined:

Here is a link to the program that brought into question the whole sorry JL story.

Unfortunately, Mr. Kampfner wasn't there. Neither does he quote any source that was there. He quotes two Iraqi doctors, whose own biases he does not even begin to question. He merely takes what they say at face value. And then assumes bias on the other side. Hardly a balanced piece of journalism. A more biased piece of news reporting could hardly be found.

<sarcasm>

Oh my GOD! It's a VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!!!! Where, oh where, have I heard this before...

</sarcasm>

Perhaps Mr. Kampfner should have interviewed our very own SuaSponteMark, who WAS there.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18977311

I have not shown any disrespect to the unfortunate JL, I see her as nothing more than a pawn in in the -your- governments propoganda machine.

That is incredibly disrespectful to Jessica Lynch and those who don't agree that it is propaganda and who volunteer to serve their country.

I have nothing other than respect for all our armed forces especially the women, their fear of capture must be multiplied by what factor? compared to men.

No, you don't have one iota of respect for our servicemen and women. You pay our men and women in uniform lip service.

PaulT was abused, villified and condemmed for questioning the motives and validity of your governments premises (ever changing premises)for this war on Iraq.

I wouldn't know. I haven't read his posts in months. They were too far removed from reality, time and time again, to merit my time.

Most of you thought you were being patriotic in defending this present government you have. PaulT was the true patriot, in 1-5 years when the present administration has retired to the counting house to see how much they've made from their exploits, you will be left with the mess which is their legacy.

And you have been presented with a choice: Saddam Hussein, on the one hand, and the possibility of freedom and self-government by the Iraqi people, on the other hand. You have chosen Saddam Hussein's legacy of mass murder and torture as preferable.

That is insanity.

I would suggest you spend some time digging up bodies in some of those mass graves in Iraq.

Not that that would change your mind. Nothing would. You are a true believer. As such, there is no evidence that would sway your opinion. And for that simple reason, your opinion doesn't matter to me.

While most of you were busy defending a 'short' term government he was defending a long term nation. AMERICA.

I disagree. Completely.

CCSand
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement