Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Cheechblu Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25239  
Subject: T.Rowe Price New Horizon Date: 4/26/2000 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have all of my 401k invested in this mutual fund, which is $52,000. Should I just hold on to this, or split it up with the Vangaurd 500 fund.
Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mphipps Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7534 of 25239
Subject: Re: T.Rowe Price New Horizon Date: 4/26/2000 9:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have found that money money around has not always been the best thing to do. I have done it one, in the last three years within my 401k. And it turned out not to be benefical. What has worked best for me is to change my contribution allocations. I would say this. I would be purchasing more Vanguard today than New Horizon. I am a believer n asset allocation.
But do it with all your portfolio not just within your 401k.

Author: ZZFly One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7548 of 25239
Subject: Re: T.Rowe Price New Horizon Date: 4/27/2000 12:39 PM
It is often not good to have all of your assets in a single fund. New Horizons is a good fund but diversification is central in any long term savings strategy.

go to morningstar and identify good funds in each of the main asset classes, large cap growth, large cap value, quality bond, etc and then ask the question. What is the best asset class allocation for me given
1. my time horizon - when will I want to spend the money
2. my ability to accept risk

When you have done these thing only then can you get an answer to your question.

I hope this helps

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement