No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone having any knowledge about changing an irrevocable trust. My mother has 2 trusts(1 in her name and one in the name of my deceased father). I may be wrong ,but I believe on his death 7 years ago the trust became irrevocable. If these facts are all true, as I believe they are then my mother can't take dividends from the stocks in his trust. I have heard that with signatures from the beneficiaries(3 sons),and a signiture from my mother it could be changed back to a revocable trust. Is this right? Just tryng to find a way to get my mom more income(I think the tax rate on corporate dividends is 15%)Also...Does anyone know anything about tranferring a trust within a financial institution to another city to have face to face personal service instead of teleconferences?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement