Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

While I haven't really done any of the paperwork, a quick glance at my tax forms and rough estimates show that I will probably owe a few hundred dollars in state and federal taxes this year, even with my student loan interest deductions. I believe this is due primarily to the fact that I had 3 jobs in 2002 (1 full-time, 2 part-time jobs) and the fact that both of my part-time jobs were taxed in the 15% bracket when my full-time job alone puts me in the 27% tax bracket. Is there anyway to tell my employer (or the government) in the future that I want my part-time job taxed in the higher tax bracket so that I can avoid paying hundreds of dollars in taxes come April? Is there any way to do this? I have no problem paying the money, it's just a real pain in the *ss that the government has to come back around and get more money in April when they could've taken those taxes out of my original paycheck...

Thanks for any advice,


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.