No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all -

I am currently enrolled in the Federal Thrift Savings Plan and my money distributed as follows:

C Fund - 55%
S Fund - 17%
I Fund - 10%
F Fund - 13%
G Fund - 5%

* Close Approximations

This is a very agressive distribution. If I wanted to move to a more conservative distribution for a while, i.e. move Common Stock (C-Fund) to Fixed Income (F-Fund) or Government Securities (G-Fund), are there any recommendations on which ones and how much?

As a follow-up, if I'm interested in becoming a bit more conservative, would the correct plan be to: 1) move monies as stated above, or 2) leave the funds alone and just change my contributions? Or both?

Right now my contributions are set at:
C Fund - 50%
S Fund - 25%
I Fund - 25%

Again, very aggressive. Oh, btw, I turn 35 in 15 days.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.