Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings,

I have a form 3922 (transfer of stock acquired through employee stock purchase plan). I don't recall ever getting one of these before. I've read what it is, but at no time is Turbo Tax asking for the data on this form. What did I miss? I'm sure it's an oversight on my part, not Turbo Tax's.

TIA,
1poorguy
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have a form 3922 (transfer of stock acquired through employee stock purchase plan). I don't recall ever getting one of these before. I've read what it is, but at no time is Turbo Tax asking for the data on this form. What did I miss?

My money is on the information on the back, which tells you that the form doesn't affect your return.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Thanks, Phil. There is no information on the back. It's blank. The front says that "no income is recognized when you exercise an option..." yada yada. Which I already knew.

Anyway, thanks again. I feel better knowing I didn't miss something.

1poorguy
Happy Fooliversary 1pg,

Phil is always right so relax and enjoy your day :)

Rich
Arizona
You don't need that information until you sell the stock you acquired through the ESPP which is shown on that form.

I have no idea if TT will start asking about that form when you sell. But keep it in your files, as it documents your cost basis for the stock.

--Peter
Stockmover said:

"Phil is always right so relax and enjoy your day :)"

Well not always. Once he thought he was wrong but found out he was just mistaken.

Dusty
Advertisement