UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pharmer100 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61  
Subject: Turbo Tax vs CPA Date: 7/28/2005 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was wondering if anyone has put Turbo Tax up against an accountant. I use Microsoft Money (almost religiously) and import items into Turbo Tax at tax time. I am in the 28% bracket and paying some hefty taxes so any margin of error hurts.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Sudden24 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 61
Subject: Re: Turbo Tax vs CPA Date: 8/30/2005 10:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I was wondering if anyone has put Turbo Tax up against an accountant.

I'm actually an accountant and I actually do my taxes on my own and then buy turbo tax to double check that I did everything correctly. I just write off the price of the software when I do my taxes. It all depends. Some accountants are willing to take more risks to get you a higher return. Personally, I would rather lose $50 - $200 then be audited by the IRS. Hope that helps.

Sudden24

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 61
Subject: Re: Turbo Tax vs CPA Date: 9/7/2008 11:28 AM
Turbo Tax produces a pretty return. If you don't know what the answers should be then you need professional tax assistance. Accountant is not the proper term. Accountants provide accounting services and may or may not be trained to handle personal taxes.

Debra

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement