Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: TurboChef's Fiscal Year Warmed Over Date: 3/9/2006 3:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2006/mft06030919.htm?ref=btp

TurboChef's Fiscal Year Warmed Over: Fool by Numbers
By Stephen D. Simpson, CFA
March 9, 2006

On March 6, TurboChef (Nasdaq: OVEN) released results for the year ending Dec. 31, 2005.

42% of full-year revenue was from customers other than Subway.
The company intends to unveil its first residential product at an April trade show.....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: smlmedlge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68 of 73
Subject: Re: TurboChef's Fiscal Year Warmed Over Date: 4/21/2006 8:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi,

This is my first post to the Fool Board and perhaps I can contribute some information.

I have been an owner and accumulator of OVEN for over 3 years and I am still not in the money! That being said , I continue to hold, and pray while continuing to do my DD.

The long of it is that my study leads me to believe and invest assessing that this company will be very successful(profitable) in 2 to 3 years. Some information on the Yahoo OVEN thread is credible and informative. I have reason to believe that the business plan is about 18 months behind its original projection. The wishper numbers(or delusions--we wil see) are 30 to 50 in two to 3 years.

smlmedlge

Author: gramp55 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 73
Subject: Re: TurboChef's Fiscal Year Warmed Over Date: 4/21/2006 11:17 PM
Welcome and thanks for the thoughts.

Like you I am out of the money. I listened to crammer in the early days and liked what he said. So I took a small bite.

What happened to the Starbucks deal. Crammer based his comitment to the stock because Starbucks was going to put an oven in every store. To my knowledge Starbucks have not put a single unit in any store.

I plan to hang on to my shares untill they hit that 30 - 50 you talk, wishper, about or untill they tank??

A great day to be alive

Gramps

Author: smlmedlge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70 of 73
Subject: Re: TurboChef's Fiscal Year Warmed Over Date: 4/29/2006 1:34 PM

Hi Gramps,

Seems we share the same strategy.

Some thoughts for your consideration. Lots of growing, management pains but.... This is a stock hopefully, in inning 1 of a 9 inning ballgame. As such the financials are largely in the red, but progressing in a positive direction. They have the fastest oven on the market i.e technology leader, a growing commercial market which is in the very early stages of development, and a new Residential product launched last week. This product will now begin to be placed on the shelves of Kitchen and Bath sellers around the world as a new item and retail sales will begin in the 4th Otr this year. It is a proven success in the commercial market. Unless, the Residential oven is a complete bomb, the residential market is so large(approx 7 Billion), that a very small percentage of sales will result in huge increases of revenue flow for OVEN 24 months. The growth rate could be in the first few years over 100% per year sales growth! And if the oven technology is accepted as the new, faster, more convienent standard for all ovens, OVEN could see its patents become very very valuable as perhaps GE and others want to use the technology in their lines or the company could be sold for a handsome profit.

I think the weak spot is the management team, as they have a history of developing companies like this an moving on...which may be the very best thing for the company if one wants to hold for the very long term.

wait an see.......

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement