Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: benhancockjr Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: TurboTax Date: 2/7/2003 12:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone familiar with Quicken's Turbo Tax products? I'm trying to figure out which version to use (Basic, Deluxe, or Premier).

Can someone who is familiar with these versions make a recommendation. Just some background:

1) I was married this year so will be filing joint.
2) I bought a house so will be deducting mortgage interest.
3) I have long-term capital gains, long-term losses and short term losses.

In short, I don't want to use the high-end version of Turbo Tax if all I need is the Basic version.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!!!

Ben
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63615 of 121061
Subject: Re: TurboTax Date: 2/7/2003 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The basic version of TurboTax will nicely handle all those things. For that matter, if your major issues this year are filing joint, deducting mortgage interest (don't forget property taxes), and capital gains and losses, then you ought to try TurboLorenzo™, a free, tried and true product. All you need is pencil and paper and a calculator, and a 1040 instruction booklet. If you want to be super neat, you can use downloaded, "fillin-able" forms from the IRS site. ;)

Lorenzo

Author: geocarw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63647 of 121061
Subject: Re: TurboTax Date: 2/8/2003 7:23 PM
Anyone familiar with Quicken's Turbo Tax products? I'm trying to figure out which version to use...

You may want to read this article before you decide TurboTax is the product for you.

http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20030130.html

George

Author: MEG Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64228 of 121061
Subject: Re: TurboTax Date: 3/2/2003 6:21 PM
Don't put Turbo tax on your computer..!
read previous posts.
You should use Tax Act or Taxcut.
Yours seems quite simple without knowing more details..

Goog luck..
(put $into your Roth whenever you can)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement