Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
TurboTax finds an error when I enter these two codes in. I assume R is for box 7a and 02 for 7b? Either way I put it in, TurboTax says it's an error.

Let's start with figuring out what should happen, then we'll figure out how to satisfy the software gods.

Have you ever made a nondeductible contribution to your traditional IRA (including rollover accounts from employer plans)? If so, go to Part I of Form 8606 and figure out how much of the conversion, which is the same as a distribution, is taxable. Then get back to us with:

1. The amount converted.
2. The nontaxable portion.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.