Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This is from a different board:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18531956

Did anyone have this issue with this year's TurboTax? If this is true, I may go get TaxCut from H&R Block this year instead.

jh
Print the post Back To Top
I have purchased TaxCut this year as I have for a couple of years for reasons other that that discussed, however, it probably would have been a consideration. If you look back for a month or so at postings on this board you should find several which mention the TurboTax concern.
tis true, tis true

The activation code is very real and convincing many here to use taxcut or something else. However, C-dilla is new news to me, from what I hear it should be avoided at all "costs". Too many bugs and interferes with using other software.

HaGD, L2J
No. of Recommendations: 2
L@J wrote:

However, C-dilla is new news to me, from what I hear it should be avoided at all "costs". Too many bugs and interferes with using other software.

The following link will take you to a solution.

http://www1.turbotaxsupport.com/default.asp?platform=1&formName=&pd=&fs=&ver=&sku=&id=&DocID=

It may have been posted here before, but...

It will allow removal of C_Dilla after you have used TT or after you uninstall it in frustration.

hth

cl
I have been following this thread with interest because I have used TuboTax for years and have always been pleased. But then again, I am using the MAC version and now OSX version.

Just to point out, many of the problems disussed are only related to windows based systems. The Mac version seems to be free of these issues.

Enlighten Me if I am incorrect!
I have been following this thread with interest because I have used TuboTax for years and have always been pleased. But then again, I am using the MAC version and now OSX version.

Just to point out, many of the problems disussed are only related to windows based systems. The Mac version seems to be free of these issues.

Enlighten Me if I am incorrect!

You are correct. As of now, the Mac version is free from the activation problems.

Ira
No. of Recommendations: 1
L@J wrote:

However, C-dilla is new news to me, from what I hear it should be avoided at all "costs". Too many bugs and interferes with using other software.

cephlake wrote:

The following link will take you to a solution.

http://www1.turbotaxsupport.com/default.asp?platform=1&formName=&pd=&fs=&ver=&sku=&id=&DocID=

It may have been posted here before, but...

It will allow removal of C_Dilla after you have used TT or after you uninstall it in frustration.

Me:

Intuit's response is a bit ingenuous. This will remove the C_dilla program components within the operating system, but it won't restore Sector 32 of your hard drive to its original condition. This is the area "outside" the regular part of the hard drive that is modified during the activation process.

Ira
Intuit's response is a bit ingenuous. This will remove the C_dilla program components within the operating system, but it won't restore Sector 32 of your hard drive to its original condition. This is the area "outside" the regular part of the hard drive that is modified during the activation process.

Ira
------------------------------

Ira,

What are the consequences of not having Sector 32 not being restored to its original condition?
No. of Recommendations: 1
What are the consequences of not having Sector 32 not being restored to its original condition?

I don't know. This is well beyond my level of technical expertise. You might want to do a google search in the alt.comp.software.financial.quicken newsgroup to learn more. (Yes, the "quicken" newsgroup is where all the tax software discussions take place.) In lay terms, if someone writes something to a part of the drive that you can't read using your normal tools, how do you know what is there? How do you know that it doesn't have some way of interacting with your system? If it can interact with your system and something goes wrong, who will be responsible? A good uninstall routine should uninstall everything. I won't comment further on this because I don't want to misrepresent what I might not fully understand.

Ira
I have been using TT for years. I agree with Ira's last comment and will make the switch, probably to TaxCut, though I have already received TT for this year -- 2002. (I ordered early)

Does anyone know if TaxCut will migrate TT's 2001 files into TaxCut's 2002 forms?

TIA.

Regards,
Duane
Does anyone know if TaxCut will migrate TT's 2001 files into TaxCut's 2002 forms?

Yes, it does.

Ira
Thanks, Ira!! ;)
I too have used Turbo tax for many many years..I now have gone to Taxcut. It will import your last years Turbo information,

Maybe The turbo People will learn from this..I don't need them anymore.
nor do I need Cdila on my machine..

I also download the free Taxact from the internet as a check to be sure that I do my taxes correctly.. Both programs ask questions in different ways. sio It's a good way to check.

Have fun

MEG
Advertisement