Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mectecinc One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121598  
Subject: TurboTax State eFile Fee Date: 4/3/2012 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This year TurboTax is levying a 19.95 per return state eFiling Fee for their desktop software users. That sounds quite steep. Does anyone know if Intuit offers a discounted family pack or something of that nature? I do know that if you use the online version it is included in the cost of preparing the return.

Thanks in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115812 of 121598
Subject: Re: TurboTax State eFile Fee Date: 4/3/2012 11:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Depending on your state, you may be able to file online for free. Illinois offers that capability. And our state return is simple enough almost anyone can do it without expensive tax software once they have their federal return finished.

Author: FlyingDiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115813 of 121598
Subject: Re: TurboTax State eFile Fee Date: 4/3/2012 11:53 AM
Recommendations: 1
Or you could actually print out the return and mail it in. Postage is going to be a lot less than $20.

joe

Author: mectecinc One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115815 of 121598
Subject: Re: TurboTax State eFile Fee Date: 4/3/2012 1:15 PM
My thoughts are the same. I guess the US government subsidizes the electronic filing costs, because they recognize the labor savings of having the returns electronically filed.

Author: JeanDavid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115817 of 121598
Subject: Re: TurboTax State eFile Fee Date: 4/3/2012 2:51 PM
Taxact's fee is $7.95.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement